Fire Risk Assessments
From 1st October 2006 The “Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 came into force & replaced the Fire Brigades “Fire Certificates” with Fire Risk Assessments.
What is a Fire Risk Assessment?
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 applies to all non-domestic premises in England and Wales, including the common parts of blocks of flats and requires that the responsible person provides a “suitable and sufficient” Fire Risk Assessment
The idea simply put is to carry out a “Safety Assessment” of your building & will take into consideration the following;
- Building Layout & Height
- Any Sleeping Risks
- Life Safety Equipment
- Electrical & Gas Installations
- Employees & Training
- Identifying Hazards & Risks
- Cooking Equipment, Heating & Ventilation
The objective is simple – The idea of the Fire Risk Assessment is to remove the Risk from the building & the Employees/Residents.
Most Building Insurers will ask for a Copy of these documents or recommend these are carried out regularly.
Do I need to have a Fire Risk Assessment carried out?
The law applies to you if you are:
- Responsible for business premises
- An employer or self-employed with business premises
- Responsible for a part of a dwelling where that part is solely used for business purposes
- A charity or voluntary organisation
- A contractor with a degree of control over any premises
- Providing accommodation for paying guests
- Under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, the responsible person must carry out a fire safety risk assessment and implement and maintain a fire management plan.
At South East Fire & Vent we carry out the Fire Risk Assessments in accordance with PAS79, which is the only Insurer & Fire Brigade approved document & for the end user it is easy to read & understand. We carry out PAS79 Fire Risk Assessments across Essex, Kent, Suffolk, Hertfordshire & London (East, North & South East)
At South East Fire & Vent we are able out Fire Risk Assessments across Essex, Kent, Hertfordshire, Suffolk & London (East, North & South East) in accordance to PAS 79
Fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
34b Mayfair Industrial Estate
Maldon Rd. Latchingdon
Essex, CM3 6LF